(Originally from here)
The Shop in Bray Lab has a Kalamazoo Wet Abrasive Cut-off Saw with a 14" wheel and 28x16" bed size that can be used to cut metal.
This is dangerous piece of equipment, with a spindle that can go up to 2,200 RPM.
- Choose correct wheel for material being cut
- Hold workpiece securely in vise (workpiece movement during cutting can result in a
- Position workpiece slightly ahead of wheel center (towards operator); small parts
positioned too far behind wheel center will cause wheel bounce
- Press Green start button
- Turn on coolant spray
- Stand on one side of the cutting wheel (to avoid sparks)
- Pull saw handle to lower cutting wheel, apply appropriate pressure let the wheel do
- Clean table, floor, and surrounding work area